Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 1

Alright, here goes.


The plane ride, Finn's first. It was kind of nerve racking knowing you're about to take a rambunctious 2 year old on a plane for the first time, but I have to say it went pretty well. Thanks to my husband who thought to book our flight at a time that I didn't know existed so the plane would be fairly empty, and a bag full of Tootsie Rolls, the flight was mostly painless. The only problem we really encountered was trying to get Finn to not giggle so loudly while others were trying to sleep.







The limo ride to the hotel. If you ask Audrie, it was one of her favorite things about the whole trip!








Of course, we had to lock up our valuables, which just happened to include a few toy cars.












Sheer excitement!!













Tempting treats along the way.









30 Rockefeller Center

The top of the Rock....what a view! Finn slept through the whole thing, a trend throughout the trip.


Atlas from the front.....


and back. Plus, St. Patrick's cathedral.





The Chrysler building, right next to our hotel.

We ended our day by going to see Spamalot on Broadway with none other than......American Idol 2nd place winner, Clay Aiken! Now, although I'm not a big fan of Clay nor the show from which he attained his fame, I do have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with his performance. The show was a riot, and I would have loved to have posted pictures of the occasion, but unfortunately, I didn't have the extra $250 on hand to have my picture taken with Mr. Aiken. Instead, I'll show you how my children spent their evening with their MiMi....




There it is, the end of day one.

ND

No comments: