3. I'm a dork. Anyone who knows me knows that about me. But, I love that I can be a dork around my children, and actually generate a laugh. I know this won't last forever. My dorkiness will soon become a source of embarrassment to them, so I'll cherish the laughs while I can.
(This is me in a random act of dorkitude playing a game of baseball in the backyard. Please ignore the weeds and dying grass. :))
4. Check out my new rug...if you can see it under all those papers. It's from Target and it's warm and cushy and a bit funky...just like me! ;) I'll explain what Finn is up to in a later post.
5. My photography might soon be replaced by my daughter's. She's been experimenting with the camera lately, and she's quite good! She just added photographer to her "What I want to be when I grow up" list. It will join other aspirations like artist, author/illustrator, spy, scientist, pastry chef, inventor, and astronaut. Here are a few of her shots:6. Finn has become quite the photographer, too. He really knows the ropes when it comes to using a wooden camera: Here he is taking a picture of Audrie taking a picture of him:
7. I got an "I love your blog" award! It's taken me a while to get this up here. Thank you Yoon See for recognizing my blog! If nobody ever read my blog, I would still post because when I'm old and senile, I want to be able to look back and remember the things we did, but it is nice to know that people enjoy my blog! Thank you again Yoon See!!
8. And finally, my one year blogiversary is approaching! One year of blogging!! When I first started this little venture, I thought I had to write a novel and have it fully edited before posting. But I soon learned that taking a month to finish a single post doesn't really make for a good blog. Anyways, I'm excited about the fact that I've been blogging for a whole year now and am in a very giving mood, so to celebrate this monumental moment, I'm going to have a little surprise! Readers, you have to check back on Thursday the 16th (the actual blogiversary) to find out what it is!! Having said that, I'll leave you with the link to my very first post: Fall Portrait Session