Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Apple Pickin’

Our latest field trip with our homeschool group landed us right in the middle of a bunch of apples. Not the ones you find in an orchard,though; the ones you find here:

DSC_0067

And since my talent lies in areas other than computers, I brought along the expert in the family to help our daughter.

apple3The field trip consisted of a bunch of kids having access to their own Mac to create a slideshow, video, or sdwpoykapf, or rskuepcma. [That’s how a lot of technical terms translate in my brain.]

apple4So while all of the computer stuff was taking place, Finn and I walked over to the Starbucks, bought second breakfast, and parked ourselves outside the Apple Store to watch people walk by as we munched on our deliciously delectable donuts.

DSC_0070

We then took a picture of our feet...

DSC_0076

and pictures of each other.

apple2

I also took an opportunity to snap a quick family portrait while Jonathan and Audrie created their ninja video.

apple1

At the end of the day I learned that everyone who goes on a field trip to the Apple store gets a free t-shirt, and that Starbucks donuts are really good. Thankfully, Audrie learned much more.

apple5

xo

nessa dee

4 comments:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Did you realize the little atom trail (oops, I revealed how little I know about science) would be parked on top of your brain in your family portrait? Nice pictures; nice play on words; nice time with family.

Nessa Dee said...

Complete accident! It does make me look kind of intelligent. :)

tammy said...

I love the family picture!

Kay Aker said...

Your kids are so blessed to have this freedom!