Sunday, October 25, 2009

Keyword: Hope

I might have mentioned in my last post that I “hoped” to have a costume made and ready to show you on Saturday, but as you probably noticed, I didn’t get around to it. I was going to start the costume after I tidied up the house a bit, but one thing lead to another, and I ended up cleaning out my closet and the garage. I didn’t start working on the costume until 3:30PM. Since I had to take my daughter to a soccer game at 4PM, though, I didn’t have a lot of time to work. But Sunday was a new day, and after church I planned to continue costume making. What I didn’t plan on was having an unfortunate encounter with a gas pump which resulted in my spending a good portion of the afternoon scrubbing gasoline smell out of my hair, my clothes, and my left eye. Once I got the odor to a tolerable level, I tried yet again to sew the costume. My sewing machines decided that they wanted nothing to do with costume making and went on strike. After breaking two needles, changing thread and bobbin many, many times, ripping out countless knotted seams and plotting to watch my sewing machines burn in a heaping ball of flame, I brought out the glue gun. And no, I’m not finished yet. My “hope” now is to have a spider costume made for my son by Halloween night, even if it means gluing a bunching of pipe cleaners to a black shirt!

Here are some random pics:building1

 

gum2trix1Audrie     pinwheel9

boots2us2hug 

rays DSC_0357

southside

sky1

xo

nessa dee

2 comments:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Love your pictures; good eye. Say, didn't I take that gangsta-lookin' one?

Nessa Dee said...

You sure did!