Friday, January 29, 2010

Crafty Friday: Monochromatic Abstract Collages

Whew, that’s a mouthful! Crafty Friday’s finally back at least for this week. We’ll see how next week’s ever changing schedule works out for crafting.

When I was in the process of staging my house, I needed a painting to hang in the water closet [or throne room, or place where the toilet’s located] to break up all of the red. Desperate for something quick and cheap, I ran to Ross Dress for Less and picked up a small painting of an Italian landscape in a chunky black frame for $8.99. After I got home, though, I found that the painting fit quite nicely in my breakfast room, so I was back to square one. I ended up taking a couple of frames I owned, a few pieces of scrapbook paper and book pages, and some tape and made these in about 10 minutes:

DSC_0161

Thus, a Crafty Friday project was conceived.

Here’s what you need:
-a variety of scrapbook paper in the same color scheme. If you don’t have scrapbook paper, peruse magazines and cut out any pages in the particular color.
-scissors
-glue
-a piece of cardboard or heavy cardstock

Step 1: Pick a color for the project.

Step 2: Gather all different kinds of paper or magazine pages that stay within the same color scheme.

Blue:

DSC_0157

Green:

DSC_0158

Step 3: Start cutting pieces and arranging them on the cardboard or cardstock.

cut

Step 4: Glue all of the pieces onto the cardboard.

glue

Step 5: Hang and enjoy!

collages

[Green: “Army Tank” by Finn, Blue: “Clouds” by Audrie]

Happy Crafting!

nessa dee

No comments: