Thursday, February 18, 2010

When I was young, all I had to play with were cups…

and I walked ten miles to school each day…uphill…both ways.

Since I’ve packed away a lot of the kids’ toys and set up rules limiting the amount of toys one can get out at a time, my kids have been forced to get a little creative with their playtime. The pantry, it’s been discovered, holds endless amounts of fun and entertainment. The most recent discovery…plastic cups.

cups2

cups1

cups3

But it’s not only cups that have been used in ways other than intended purpose.

This is a castle:

castle

This is a train, or airplane, or pirate ship:

train

I don’t know if I’ll ever unpack the rest of their toys. The boxes might mysteriously disappear when we move. They have more than enough toys as it is, so I don’t think they’ll miss them one bit. Besides, when I was young, all I had to play with were sticks.

:)

nessa dee

1 comment:

tammy said...

I have learned that toys are a waste. Everything else is more fun. Especially my purse!