Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scrabblecadabble

My husband hates to play Scrabble. When it’s the chosen game for game night, he groans, makes faces, and complains a little. I on the other hand know that Scrabble is a good way to teach a child spelling and look forward to challenging my kids’ minds.

scrabble

But soon after we start our word arranging, I realize that my plans to turn my kids into the next spelling bee champions won’t come to fruition. Why? Well because Mr. Grumpy Pants decides that Scrabble is super boring, and the only way to have fun while playing this game is to make up new words. And I have to admit that there are a lot more giggles when our board is filled with words like bigmoonbad, aieee, manwity, and the meenls.

scrabble2

I’m not going to be the one to have to explain my poor spellers to future English teachers. I’ll just let them play a game of Scrabble with Jonathan.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: