Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer Reading

My daughter is an avid reader, so much so that at times we have to punish her for it. I know it sounds terrible, but sometimes her reading gets in the way of doing chores, finishing meals, listening to her parents. I can’t get that mad, though, when the reason she hasn’t gotten out of bed is because she is unable put a book down. I’m actually quite happy about her voracious appetite for literature. I’ve never had to sit her down and make her read a book. When she’s bored, she grabs a book. When she wants to do something fun, she grabs a book. When she wants to prove her mother wrong, she grabs a book and shows me the source of her information. Yes, I’m extremely happy and often humbled as a result of her reading.Calvin1

Recently, Jonathan brought out his old collection of Calvin and Hobbes comic books, and before he could even get them to up the stairs, she got a hold of them. So, for the past couple of days, this has been my view of Audrie:

Calvin2

Calvin3

calvin5

I’m hoping her passion for reading will rub off on some other little guy who mimics everything she does.

calvin6

Read on, my sweet girl, read on!

nessa dee

1 comment:

Amanda Baeza said...

Oh! I also LOVE read Calvin&Hobbes comic books :')