Thursday, July 15, 2010

Silence is Golden…

…at least when the kids are gone. But when silence and kids are present at the same time, it usually means some sort of mischief is taking place.

It’s never a good sign when the noise that fills a child occupied house suddenly disappears. That’s when I take notice. I’m able to tune out screaming and crying and pleading and poking, but oh the silence is deafening. So after hearing Finn play the same song from a game over and over and over again, it went silent and I perked up. But I was momentarily distracted and went back to work. Before I knew it, 20 minutes went by and noise had not resumed. I pictured paint strewn across my white carpet or candy stashes depleted, but when I finally went to catch mischief in action, this is what I found:

nap

There’s no sweeter silence in the world.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: