Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The children’s nuseum

No, that’s not a typo. That’s another Finnanigan. To let my dad get some much needed rest in the hospital, we as in my aunt, cousin, her kids [Heath and Jacqueline], my brother, Audrie, Finn and I walked the couple of blocks to the children’s museum to let the kids run off some energy. The kids were mesmerized, and there have been several requests since to add some of these elements to our game room. We’ll see.

trolley

bubbles

museum

store

sandbox

store2

boats

I honestly don’t know who had more fun in the museum, the kids or my brother. He’s in just about every picture at each station, playing right alongside the kids. He told me it was the best $6 I ever spent on him. I agree.

van

DSC_0094DSC_0117

[Heath: our manual luggage conveyor belt]

DSC_0120

I spent a lot of my time staring at this sweet little face:

Jacqueline1

This is baby Jacqueline, one of our newest additions to the family. She’s so sweet, so happy, and oh so squeezable. I wanted to sneak her in my purse and take her home with me.

After a bit of time at the museum, we decided to break for lunch, but the excitement didn’t end once we left the building. We saw a fire truck:

firetruck

had horsey rides provided by Uncle Van at the restaurant:

hardrock

and rode the hospital bed up and down:

bedride1

instigated by none other than the guy in the black shirt:

DSC_0146

After a while at the hospital [in lockdown thanks to a fire on the floor below us], we took the kids back to the museum for a little more playtime.

museum1

chess

The grocery store was my favorite part. It was an entire store, miniaturized for kids. It had real scanners to scan your food at checkout and showed how much you owe for your groceries. So cool.

grocery1

grocery1

grocery2

After about 8 baskets full of groceries and a huge grocery bill, we left the museum [only because it closed, otherwise we would have stayed there all night].

Heath held Ornery [as he calls Audrie] in a death grip hug the whole walk back to the hospital.

walk1 walk2

Then, the kids took a few more bed rides.

bedride2

I took a few more pictures of this cutie pie:

Jacqueline2

And we called it a day.

Now, there are constant questions as to when we are going back to the nuseum with Little Heath, and when can we get a full sized airplane, giant chessboard, trolley and fully stocked grocery store in our game room. There’s your Christmas list grandparents!

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Just beautiful! Love all those kids-- big and little.