Thursday, January 6, 2011

Progress

Yes, that’s right. I’m making progress. I’ve taped off most of the staircase and am playing around with some paint colors. Though I tried to start some other projects in the house, I quickly got back on track because I’m trying to focus. Focus, Vanessa, focus.

stairs

You can get a glimpse of the floors in this photo, but I’m waiting to get pretty pictures when I have my baseboards installed. As you can see, the floors are pretty dark. That’s what I’m trying to match our blonde staircase to.

Audrie’s bookshelves are slowly getting filled with books and knick knacks. Here’s a pic, but keep in mind that I haven’t caulked the edges, touched up the paint, or vacuumed the carpet. I promised pics, though, so here goes:

DSC_0112-1

DSC_0117-1

I also got a good start on Audrie’s tablecloth curtains. I think I bought the tablecloths back in June and the poor girl has been waiting patiently ever since. All I have left to do is sew on the tab tops and hang the suckers. Staged pictures of a clean and organized room will follow.

DSC_0123-1

Then I can finish the staircase, paint a mural in Finn’s room, paint the kitchen cabinets, recover some old wingback chairs, build a banquette in the breakfast room, remove wallpaper in the bathroom, organize the studio, paint the gameroom, and so on, and so on, and so…. Prioritize and focus, Vanessa, prioritize and focus. I should probably paint that ugly chair in the picture first.

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Donna Casey VanCleve said...

Wow-- you've been productive! Love the polka dot hangers on the curtains. Is that a new bird on the wall? Audrie's room is beautiful. Let me know if I can help you with anything. (Payback time)