Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello, Monday!

This morning…

:: We’re trying to adjust to life in the normal world after being in LA over the weekend. It was a very quick, but fun trip, and I can’t tell you just how proud I am of my little girl. She did an awesome job, and though she didn’t win the overall prize, she definitely won for biggest ham on stage, at least in my book. The event itself was being webcast live, so in addition to the family we had there, family and friends back home got to see Audrie play her piece. As soon as we get the video up on youtube, I’ll be sure to post it…of course. I’ll give you a play by play account of our trip in pictures soon, too, but until then, here’s a picture of all the finalists:

DSC_0428

:: I had forgotten how much I loved watching my kids play at the beach. This trip reminded me.

DSC_0113

:: I’m enjoying my new haircut. I decided after 3 years, I should probably do something with this unruly mane. Here’s the scary before:

DSC_0142

Here’s the after with lips pursed:

DSC_0180

Here’s the real after, because let’s face it, it’ll never look like the above pic again:

DSC_0399

[Not the best pic to represent my new hairstyle, but I figured my stupid expression would distract you from the fact that my hair looks pretty much the same as before.]

And here’s the amount of before and after photos I took of myself. A little vain, are we?

2011-11-09-hair

Mostly, I felt silly.

:: I’ve started decorating for Christmas. I figured I’d do a little bit at a time, so it won’t be so overwhelming. So far, I’ve hung a wreath.

:: I still haven’t taken down all my Halloween decorations. I think the spiders compliment the Christmas wreath, though.

:: I’m panicking because I just realized that next week is Thanksgiving. [really??] And Christmas will be here before I know it. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! I’m already stressing.

:: I have plans to take Christmas pics in the traditional Christmas outfits for our Christmas cards, but I think this family pic might trump any future efforts:

DSC_0351

Happy Monday!

xo

nessa dee

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You do not need to take another family picture. That is awesome.

Jenna said...

Please tell, Audrie, I am so proud of her!! I watched it and laughed about her talking about Trixie. Lovely hair. :) I think that is a perfect Roeder family pic! Can't wait to see you guys again.