Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And we're back!

At least Jonathan, the dog, and I are back. The kids stayed with their grandparents for a few extra days of fun while Mom gets a few extra days of uninterrupted prep time for Baby Boy. I'm also going to try to get a few personal illustration projects done in this free time.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm going to sit around the house and sulk because I don't know what to do without my children. At least I have the dog here with me to keep me company and give me someone to dote on. She's hiding from me at the moment because I've been smothering her with love.

I bet you're dying to know of our exciting adventures. Beautiful white sandy beaches? No. Breathtaking mountain views? Not hardly. 100+ degree weather, red dirt, and run-ins with poisonous arachnids? Now you're talking!

The first leg of trip took us to my hometown to give the kids some PaPa Jack time before we are thrust into the sleepless nights of new babyhood. We were actually fortunate in that the temperature stayed in the low 100's while we were there..it had been up to 107 the week before. I tried to keep my big, pregnant self indoors as much as possible, but when you're surrounded by animals, and barns, and giant machinery, the pull to go outside and play is just too much. [Not to mention the fact that I had to kill a scorpion in the living room an hour after we arrived.]

I was eager to put my new camera + lens to work down there...
















These pictures were from the afternoon that we arrived. Unfortunately for me [fortunately for you], my camera battery died, and I forgot to bring the charger. The rest of our trip involved a cattle auction, a visit to the ranch, an up-close look at all of the oil activity going on around there, more hay jumping, new boots for the kids, shooting BB guns at cans, feeding the cows and another scorpion plus a black widow. Finn wore his camouflage shirt every day while we were there. Both kids were covered in dirt from head to toe by evening, and they loved every minute of it.

xo

nessa dee

No comments: