Monday, July 2, 2012

Hello, Monday!

What is the beginning of the week going to look like for us? Maybe it will bring us a new baby. Maybe it will give us some more time to get prepared, [although I never know if anyone's truly prepared for the arrival of a little one]. Maybe this day will bring us a new adventure, or a new project, or a new idea. Whatever the case, we are going to try our best to make the most of this day.

First things first...

:: I am trying to motivate myself to trim out the baby's curtains. Sewing is not my forte, nor is it particularly enjoyable for me, so I've been putting this project off for quite a while. But, I can't wait too much longer, so I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and do it.

:: The cradle is in place, and is a constant reminder of what's to come. This cradle is pretty special.  It was made by Jonathan's grandfather, and so far, all of the grandchildren, and great-grand children have slept in it. Baby Boy will be the second of three great-grandkids to sleep in the cradle this year. You'd think we purposefully spaced out our due dates so that each baby would get a turn in the cradle, but we just got lucky.


:: I've been trying to get the house ready for the onslaught of family that's sure to arrive once the baby's born, and the kids have been helping me quite a bit. They took it upon themselves to create some additional rooms in our house so our guests will each have their own space.


:: I was sitting in the baby's room this morning, and this vignette of colors made me happy...


This makes me want to paint all of my furniture in bright, happy colors.

:: Does anyone want a rug? I bought this rug two months ago after a long search for something textural and soft. And while I love the look, I didn't anticipate the war I'd have to wage against the light fibers on my dark floors. Lesson learned. This is the West Elm 'Pebble' rug very similar to this one minus the jute. It's 8x10' and retailed for $699. I bought it at Pottery Barn Outlet for $300 + tax, and I want to sell it for $175 OBO. 


If you're in the Austin area, don't have dark floors, and are interested, just let me know. We are rolling it up today to keep it stain free, and we are starting another rug search...something a little darker this time.
Farewell, Marshmallow Rug!

:: Did I tell you that I wrote a children's book? Well, I did! I don't consider myself a writer, but this book idea came to me from one of my Illustration Friday entries. I'm trying to polish it up, and make a dummy book to submit to agents and publishers. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but if I don't give it a try, than absolutely nothing will come of it.




:: I said I would post a belly pic [I don't know why], so here it is...


No, that isn't a watermelon, and no, the baby hasn't dropped, although complete strangers have been telling me he has for a month now. This pregnancy's been quite amusing. I've had more random strangers comment on, or rub my belly, or tell me that I must be having a boy. The other day as I was walking through a store, some young guy yelled out "Wow! Congratulations on your baby!" with such intensity that I just had to laugh. It's so comical, and I think I'm going to miss it all once he's here.

Happy Monday!

xo

nessa dee

1 comment:

Abbey said...

It's so sweet to see that cradle again. I have a simple off white bumper if you want to use it. And, I'm sure you have probably already thought of all names with an "x" in it, but I think Knox is kind of cute.