Thursday, December 6, 2012

4 Months


Sweet August, last week you turned 4 months old on the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday. Each day, week, month with you is flying by. Can I just pause life for a bit and keep you at each stage for just a little while longer?








Precious boy, you are all smiles when you're content. Your smile reminds me of your sister's when she was little: big and bright. That happy face can cheer up even the worst of moods, and your chuckle, well, if we could bottle that up and sell it we'd be billionaires. You love what you can do with your hands now, especially grabbing those little toes. I can't just set you anywhere because you are rolling all over the place. [You almost toppled out of the chair when I was taking your picture.] I love how you can raise one eyebrow [it's a family trait], and you give me those looks sometimes like I'm completely insane. I'm not, I promise. You are LOUD. I had to leave a store the other day because you were yelling so loudly...not upset...just talking. You are BIG. I have a hard time gauging just how big, but you started wearing some of your 12 month outfits this week. It's hard to snuggle with you when you're awake because you have stuff to do and things to see and hair to grab. I have to wait until that magic moment of time between awake and asleep when you're calm. You nuzzle your head in the crook of my neck, hug my arm, and sing sweet little baby songs to me.
I love it so much. 
I love you so much.
xo
Mommy


No comments: