Monday, January 28, 2013

Hello, business cards!

I spent the weekend working in preparation for the Austin Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators conference. The conference is in two weeks, and I still have a lot to do to get ready including finishing a dummy book and refining my portfolio. But I can cross two big things off my list: business cards and promotional post cards. I can now breathe a huge sigh of relief knowing those are ordered and I don't have to pay $300 in shipping charges to get them here before the conference.

For today, I'll show you my business cards:


I decided to go with my blog [and soon to be website] header design to keep things uniform. This isn't necessary, but it does help to let people know they've made it to the right place when they get to your site. Plus, I'm kind of fond of this little girl and her dog. I think there's a story brewing with these two, but that'll have to wait. One step at a time, Ness, one step at a time. My business cards are double sided and are going to have a glossy finish, and once printed the little dog should be sitting on the bottom of the card. 
I can't wait to see the final results!
I'll show you my post card designs tomorrow.  

xo
nessa dee

1 comment:

Allan Holaday said...

One of the most time-consuming tasks is the designing, Nessa. So, I feel the relief for finishing off the business cards and the promotional postcards. Keeping the design in sync with your blog is also good! Often time, too many designs for one brand hinder the brand retention. How are the other conference essentials?